A better way to send large attachments
A better way to send attachments if they are large or there's a number of people who will receive them is to upload them to a central location such as box.com or dropbox and then send a link.
http://uwmadison.box.com is the UW designated cloud storage provider. It has a special agreement with the UW for storage, and has given every person 50 gigabytes of space to store their data. To share a document on it,
- ) connect to http://uwmadison.box.com
- ) sign in with your netid
- ) Choose Upload, and Upload File
- ) find the file you wish to upload
- ) press upload
- ) Once uploaded, click the arrow in the upper right hand corner of the icon of the item you just uploaded.
- ) Click the menu item "Share"
- ) Click the access to change to allow anyone with the link to see the item.
- ) copy the URL to your email.
Or....upload it to Google Docs (http://apps.google.wisc.edu) and share it that way. Or....upload it to your dropbox folder for such things and share it that way.