Configuring a Printer on a Macintosh
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Adding a Color Printer
At the moment, the only color printer available is on the fifth floor of Van Vleck. You can configure your Macintosh to print to this printer by following the steps below:
- Log into your Macintosh as a user with administrative priviledges.
- Download and install the Ricoh Aficio C4501 driver.
- Open a terminal window and type the following commands
- lpadmin -E -p 5 -v ipp://printserver2.math.wisc.edu:631/printers/5 -P "/Library/Printers/PPDS/Contents/Resources/RICOH Aficio MP C4501"
- cupsenable 5
- cupsaccept 5
- NOTE: if you are configuring a personal Macintosh and your local username is different from your username in the Math Department, you can set it to the correct name by using:
lpoptions -E -d P -o username=<yourusername> (where P is the name of the printer (e.g. 5) and <yourusername> is your username