PDE Geometric Analysis seminar
The seminar will be held in room 901 of Van Vleck Hall on Mondays from 3:30pm - 4:30pm, unless indicated otherwise.
Previous PDE/GA seminars
Tentative schedule for Fall 2021-Spring 2022
PDE GA Seminar Schedule Fall 2020-Spring 2021
Welcome to the new mode of our PDEGA seminar this semester. Each week, we'll introduce to you two talks that are interesting and related to our interests. As the videos are already on Youtube or other platforms, you could choose to watch them whenever you want to; our goal here is merely to pick our favorite ones out of thousands of already available recorded talks.
Week 1 (9/1/2020-9/5/2020)
1. Paul Rabinowitz - The calculus of variations and phase transition problems. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs3rd8RPosA
2. Frank Merle - On the implosion of a three dimensional compressible fluid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wSNBN0IRdA&feature=youtu.be
Week 2 (9/6/2020-9/12/2020)
1. Yoshikazu Giga - On large time behavior of growth by birth and spread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ndtUh38AU0
2. Tarek Elgindi - Singularity formation in incompressible fluids. https://youtu.be/29zUjm7xFlI
Week 3 (9/13/2020-9/19/2020)
1. Eugenia Malinnikova - Two questions of Landis and their applications. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpTsW1noWTQ
2. Pierre Germain - On the derivation of the kinetic wave equation. https://youtu.be/ZbCjKwQ3KcE