Dedalus is "A flexible framework for spectrally solving differential equations."
Our research servers have version 3-beta(from the Git master branch of 19 May 2020).
More information is available here:
- Log in to a research server or Linux workstation.
- Run: source /usr/local/dedalus/setup
- You will see that the prompt is prefixed with '(main)'.
- Run: conda activate dedalus3
- You will see that the prompt is prefixed with '(dedalus3)'.
- You can now run Python3 code using the Dedalus modules.
When I try to run conda it says command not found
If your prompt is not prefixed with '(main)' then Conda is not initialized. Depending on how your account is configured(Bash login scripts to be speciic) you may need to do one of the following:
- A temporary fix is to run Bash again: 'bash
- A permanent fix is to copy the "conda initialize" block of code from ~/.bashrc to the end of ~/.profile. If you do not have a .profile file then check if you have a .bash_profile file.