Who to Contact

From UW-Math Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Here are some important sites, phone numbers and e-mail addresses to contact at UW:

  • Physical Plant takes care of most maintenance chores at the University. Some services, such as replacing light bulbs and cleaning rooms are considered normal (non-chargeable) requests and hence the department does not have to pay for them. To request such a service, contact CARS (the Central Answering and Response Service either through web site link above, by phone at 3-3333 or by e-mail at physical.plant.cars@fpm.wisc.edu. David Anton is in charge of cleaning Van Vleck. You can contact him at danton@fpm.wisc.edu or 262-0207 if your office or one of the rooms on the ninth floor need cleaning. Service requests not considered part of normal maintenance will require a work order and payment fund. Contact the Department Administrator to set this up. If you login to the Physical Plant site you can do other things, too, such as reserve a car from the UW Fleet for business trips.