Basic Linux Seminar
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 12:16, 19 December 2016 by Nagreen (→January 16, 2017 from 10am to 12pm, B107 Van Vleck)
January 16, 2017 from 10am to 12pm, B107 Van Vleck
- Connecting to a linux machine via ssh.
- Using SCP to move items from your machine to the server, using sFTP, Filezilla
- Creating directories
- Moving around your home directory; pwd
- Moving items in your home directory (2 methods); relative; absolute
- Listing items in your home directory; Listing with command line options.
- Removing directories and files (use caution!)
- Permissions; recursive, letter method, number method
- Touch command.
- Man command
- Printing items in your home directory to a printer via command line
- using lpq to see items in the print queue
- using lprm to remove items in the print queue.
- editing a file using nano
- more about file editors.
- make your own script
- quota command; du -s subdir
- locate command